Day 1 - 25 November 2019
Professor for UX Driven Business
Barcelona Technology School
09:20AM - Day 2
08:50AM - Day 1
Chair’s Welcome & Opening Remarks
Senior Partner Manager, Data Enterprise Solutions
09:00AM - Day 1
Twitter Opening Keynote
Product Marketing Manager
09:30AM - Day 1
Understanding Consumers in the Digital Age
What price encourages the most purchases? What email header generates the most clicks? Which influencer attracts the most eyeballs?
Answering these questions and understanding your consumers has never been more difficult. With market research now heavily outdated and consumers changing at a faster rate than ever, it’s not easy being a marketer.
In this talk, I’ll explain some key fundamental laws, based on consumer psychology, that help every marketer understand their consumers. Before explaining the future of market research and how it will enable a complete understanding of the 2020 consumer.
Panel: Examining Your Digital Marketing Strategy for 2019
- Identifying and setting strategy goals – what do you want to achieve and by when?
- Understanding who your customers are and identifying the best channels to reach them
- How to ensure you are sending the right message for your audience
- Calculating the ROI for your strategy
- Make smarter, faster, and more informed decisions before anyone else using predictive intelligence
- Making sense of data – find, understand and engage the audience that matters for your business
Marketing & Privacy Manager
10:40AM - Day 1
Don’t Let the GDPR Kill Your Marketing Strategy: Maximizing Opt-In and Building a Compliant Marketing Program
Global privacy laws like the GDPR and impending ePrivacy Regulation are creating new challenges for marketers. New consent rules require marketers to rethink the way they interact with users. How can you deliver on-brand privacy notices? What are innovative ways to approach cookies and consent to increase opt-in rates?
In this session, we’ll answer these questions, review marketing compliance requirements around legitimate interest, consent, cookies and ad tech and provide thought-provoking examples of new ways to think about compliance to maximise user opt-in in the GDPR era.
Key Learning in this session
- Understand legitimate interest vs. consent for marketing purposes
- Learn best practices for maximizing opt-in and consent
- Guidance to build an effective and GDPR-compliant marketing strategy
Co Founder & Managing Partner
11:10AM - Day 1
Bridging the Gap: Real Time Re-Targeting for Offline Shoppers
- The complexity of running Direct to Consumer campaigns in offline retail channels
- Justsnap: Digital validation hub for offline activations
- Golden source of consumer information
- Strategic benefits of digital campaigns to brands
- Real-time re-targeting and instant offerings for offline shoppers
New York Pizza
12:00PM - Day 1
How Data Inspired Marketing can Humanize your Brand
Data is an important topic for years already. When talking about data marketers are more important than ever, marketers have a key role in making data work. This session talks about the practical use of data to build a brand and to grow sales.
12:30PM - Day 1
The Porsche Problem: Turning Around Stalled Digital Transformations
The term “transformation” has become a misunderstood (and costly) buzzword. And when digital transformations stall, CMOs and their teams often take the blame. Drawing from his experiences with blue chip brands, Michael Shattuck, Consulting Manager at Widen, defines what transformations really are, why they are interrupted, and how companies can begin to turn them around.
Join Michael to learn:
- Why “transformation” is more than just digitising a business
- How to optimise your investments in talent and technology by testing the capabilities of staff and infrastructures before purchasing a solution
- Why strategy and alignment can outweigh the need for major transformations
- New ways to measure the true success of your company’s transformations
Digital Manager | Professional Products Division
01:00PM - Day 1
Technology is Beautiful and Beauty is High-Tech
A story of digital transformation: the journey of the world leader in beauty from hero products, through iconic brands to innovative digital services. As data and technology are becoming increasingly important in the health and beauty world, L’Oréal embarked on a quest to provide value through technologies such as AR face-rendering, keeping in mind to always link the services to its products, in order to fulfill its mission of providing beauty to all. How did L’Oréal turn data into a business opportunity by anticipating emerging trends and building innovative digital services?
Afternoon Sponsor Presentation 10 – Day 1
03:00PM - Day 1
(Re)-Shaping to a Customer-Centric Culture
- A two-fold approach that creates wins for customers and for business goals
- Ensuring internal alignment is a customer-centric vision through insights
- Why transformation of culture is your brand evolvement
Senior Director Brand Activation, Digital, CRM
03:30PM - Day 1
Head of Analytics and Insights Communication and Marketing
AXA Group Global
03:30PM - Day 1
Founder and Analytics Director
03:30PM - Day 1
Panel: Enhancing Customer Journeys: Digital, Data & Analytics
- Discussing the latest data-driven technologies that help to make the most of cross-platform behavioural targeting
- The importance of integrating different sources of data into campaign
- Taking your personalization to the next level via customer data
- How to translate Big Data into insights
- Understanding predictive analytics & the importance of understanding your data
Panel: Digital Transformation: How Effective Leaders Drive Digital Change
- Creating a culture in which risk-taking is acceptable
- Why your “Employees” are the most critical factor for a successful digital transformation
- Techniques of trust, empowerment, and accountability within your digital transformation
Bessie Kokalis Pescio
Director, Global Communications Operations
Philip Morris International’s (PMI) headquarters
05:10PM - Day 1
No Smoke, No Fire — Tobacco’s New Smolder
Day 2 - 26 November 2019
Non Exec Director & Strategy Director
09:20AM - Day 2
Chair’s Welcome & Opening Remarks
Simone van Neerven
Head of Innovation
09:30AM - Day 2
Innovation: Falling in Love with the Problem
Panel: Future-proofing your Digital Team & Strategy
- How should brands adjust with new and novel approaches to match the ever-evolving digital landscape?
- Customer Data Privacy – what are the key priorities brands should be implementing right now?
- How disruptive technology can enhance transformation across marketing, sales, product, and insights departments
- Consideration of emerging technologies like “Blockchain” will support future growth
- How to prepare your team for the coming wave of new technologies in digital marketing
Data & Disruptive Tech Morning Solo
Head of Strategy & Insight
11:45AM - Day 2
Data is sexy…..Honestly, let me prove it!
Yeah, I said sexy. Do I have your attention now? In years to come, everyone will be a data scientist – systems will allow us all to crunch and evaluate mass amounts of data at ease and very quickly. The psychology of choice teaches us that choice is an amazing thing, but given too much, it can become overwhelming. All this data means that your jobs aren’t at all easy, but it is up to you (the marketer) to make things easier for your customers. Getting it right means every customer, gets the right message every time across the right channels, driving optimum engagement and ROI making them feel special and you look like a Rockstar! Now that is sexy.
Digital Convergence – How Consumers have changed and why Businesses need to follow
- Discussing changes in people’s interactions with products, services and environments and how these will transform the consumption of everyday products and experiences
- The importance of why businesses need to adapt customer experiences
- How media, technology & creativity together will create unique experiences and enriching consumer relationships
- Why organisation structure and behaviours should be reviewed as consumers habits adapt and evolve.
Lunchtime Sponsor Presentation 9 – Day 2
Head of Marketing
Too Good To Go
02:00PM - Day 2
Marketing That Matters: Turning Surplus into Purpose!
The Too Good To Go Story: how a purpose became a strong business case…. and an app!
• Connecting consumers: global strategy vs. local approach
• Proving the case: doing good = good business
• Purpose drives everything, even marketing!
• Mission – Magic – Movement
• More than an app: the movement against food waste
• Food for thought…
Panel: How will Disruptive Technology Trends Shape the Future of Digital Marketing
- Which disruptive technologies which are passing fads or here to stay?
- How should marketers use disruptive technologies to enhance campaigns?
- The impact of Virtual Assistants, Chatbots, AI, VR and AR on customer experience
- How to integrate new tech to shape consumer experience & make purchases.
Digital Marketing Leader
IncludeNow., WomenTalkTech and We love communities
03:10PM - Day 2
08:55AM - Day 1
Digital Transformation Starts with the Mind-Set of the Upper Management
The word digital transformation gets thrown around everywhere these days and at the end of the day which company is NOT in the middle of a digital transformation?
From two decades of experience working with digital, combined with running two communities to promote diversity, Maartje Blijleven will tell you why she believes digital transformation requires a cultural transformation; leaders who dare to invest time, money, and personal attention (mindset) in community building and diversity will be the ones positioned to innovate, attract the right talent, and successfully drive digital transformation.
So why is this urgent? Because this is really important to understand while going thru a digital transformation. It’s such a gigantic process. With big organisations especially to go thru a digital transformation: get it right. Because: it will keep you competitive, or not. This makes or breaks whether your company is future proof. Or not. It couldn’t be more critical.
Maartje Blijleven is going to talk about some problems which we all face today. And help you with a strategy to start solving these problems.